Presentations that combine art, culture, media and midwifery research to articulate issues that effect reproductive rights, maternity care and the culture of care for all. Presentations can also be delivered as interactive workshops.
- 'From the Madonna to the Brelfie' - a history of the representation of breastfeeding in culture and art.
- 'Birth in the Media' - an exploration of the influence of mainstream, social & new media on birth.
- 'Straight Outta Vagina' - a polemical look at 'obstetric violence' through images of violence against women in art & culture.
- 'Maternal Journal' - a look at the history & current use of creative journaling to support mental health and well-being.
- ‘Birth, Art & Culture’ - an introduction to the influence & potentialities of engagement with art, media & cultural images of birth.
Presentations have been delivered at:
- The Normal Labour & Birth Conference, UK & Sydney
- MAMA Conference, Scotland
- Royal College of Midwives Annual Conference
- I Have a Voice (Kingston University)
- Always Aiming Higher (King's College Hospital)
- MAINN Conference, UCLAN
- International Midwifery Expo, London
- Maternal Mental Health Alliance Conference
- Maternity & Midwifery Festival, Cardiff
- Annual Birth Trauma Conference
- European Midwifery Association Education Conference
- The Shambala Festival - with Guerrilla Science
image: 'Straight Outta Vagina' video by Russian post-punk activist group Pussy Riot